Monday, April 25, 2011

Lydia's Springtime fun!

So, the weather is changing - not sure what it's supposed to be like, but I use less of my puffy coat and more often than not, I don't have to wear a coat at all!  The only problem I see so far is that my hair never stays in it's original "do" - I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the wind, however, around these parts it seems a way of life in the spring.  Oh well, wind can't stop me from enjoying the outdoors at school and at home!

To get the full effect of the season, Mom and I have been doing some yard work like getting the garden ready for plants and raking the lawn of the old yucky grass.  I'm a huge helper!
Mom started this task, but I asked her to step aside and let me do the grunt work.

Turns out, I could maybe use a rake just a few inches shorter.
Since my last blog I've fully enjoyed getting used to my preschool class.  Miss Brooke and Mr. Rick are fun and I never have trouble letting my mommy leave me with them for two hours - I do give Mom a big smile and hug when she gets back (I don't want her to feel unimportant).  Two weekends ago I went to the Butterfly Pavilion with some of the kids from my class - we were part of the "Weekend Explorers" group.  Mom and Dad get to come along too and meet my classmates and their parents.
Dad held Rosie - she's a tarantula!

I'm a huge fan of "Finding Nemo" and they had a Nemo-like exhibit there.
The weekend before that, we went to the Arvada Kite Festival.  That was really cool and it was the perfect day for kite flying.  We met up with some friends from Mom and Dad's small group Bible study and had a great time!
I couldn't believe all the kites there - there had to be millions, I'm sure!

Here I am helping Dad and Emily get their kites untangled.

At the very beginning of April we went to Grand Junction to see Val (one of Mom's college friends) and Jer.  They are expecting a baby in early June and we went out so that Mom could attend the baby shower.  While mom did that I got to experience something new and exciting - Dad and I joined Jer for a 4-wheeling adventure near the Colorado Monument.  My car seat fit great in Jer's four runner and I bounced and bopped the whole way!  I would say, "Weee!" over every boulder.


Just another chill ride in the car seat - I'm sure they test these things for such rides.

Not sure where you go from there, but pretty cool anyway.

Other than all those things, I keep busy cleaning the house like the good helper that I am.... Mom needs to keep the wipes in a higher place than she used to.  I also like to make sure that all the clothes in my dresser are clean and that they still fit the way they should.
I keep my dresser super clean with baby wipes and I keep my hair out of my face with my gingham shorts.
Last but not least, I wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful Easter.  Dad was sick, but that didn't keep Mom and I from heading to church and then being ready for an Easter spectacular egg hunt.  Unfortunately, since Dad was under the weather, Grandma and Grandpa didn't come.  Not to worry though, we will have a belated Easter celebration with them on Saturday before my cousin Liv's birthday party - because you can celebrate the true meaning of Easter everyday of the year!

Look what I found - the first one was pretty interesting - then I started to realize what fun this was going to be.

Dad is a really tricky egg hider.

Come on basket, let's gather some more spoils.

Here she comes!

Until now, I haven't been much of a candy eater - turns out that I like the robin eggs and that mom freaks out when it looks like I might get some blue food coloring on my dress.

Well, that's all for today.  Hope you enjoyed it.
Love, Lydia


1 comment:

tekentut said...

Wow Lydia...you are pretty brave, I don't know how well your Uncle Barry or Aunt Joni would have done on your 4-wheel adventure...we don't do very well with heights! Thanks for sharing some of the highlights of your last few months. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Lots of love ~ Uncle Barry, Aunt Joni, Ethan & Erin