Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blogging from Iowa

Hello friends and family,

We have been in Iowa since Friday. Mom and her sisters participated in a half marathon in Waterloo on Saturday. It was a beautiful day and everyone seemed to have a good time after they caught their breath. Mom opted not to take me in the jogging stroller on this run and I stayed back at the hotel with Dad and we slept. We made it to the finish line to see Joni and Jenness cross the finish. We found Mom and told her good job.

Mom and Grandpa at the finish area.

The sisters at the end of the race We the went out for lunch where we had a suprise belated birthday party for Grandma. She did not know that her family was going to be there. It was fun to see Grandma soo surprised.

The "kids" table

The "adults" table


Later we went by the University of Northern Iowa to look around the campus. My Grandpa T go his degree while attended this university and my Grandpa E took a few classes through UNI. There was a game at the Unidome so we had a little trouble navigating the campus on the big game day.

On campus at UNI. Go Panthers!


On our way back to Orange city we stopped by my great uncle Bud and great aunt Crystal's house. It was fun to see all of the kittens and the cows on the farm. We also stopped by to see my Great Grandma in Kanawha. We got there a little late in the evening and we had to wake her up for a visit. Thanks Great Grandma for the time to visit. It was a marathon day in more than one way.



We spent Sunday through Tuesday just hanging out while everone was at work and school and then would do things when everyone else was home. On Sunday I got to hang out with my buddy Trey. He just turned 13 this weekend. Happy Birthday Trey! I also really enjoyed spending time with my Iowa cousins. They are very entertaining to say the least.

Trey, his mom Lori and me hanging out before Sunday dinner.


I thought you might like to see how I help packing for trips. This is me helping with the laundry and then starting to go after the camera. I am such a little helper


I love you all.

Lydia.



1 comment:

Jenness said...

Lydia,
You have no idea how blessed we are to have you in our lives! We enjoyed your visit so much. You have the best mommy and daddy in the state of Colorado....I would have said the world, but I think Joni and Uncle Barry are pretty awesome too! You have grown so much and can do such great stuff! I'm so proud of you. We love you very much. Can't wait to see you again!
Love,
Papa Wolgen, Auntie Nesser and the 'tribe' ;)