Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The big 8!

Eight months that is. Once again it has been a few weeks since I was last able to sit down and blog at you all. Sorry about that, it's been pretty busy around here.

Since the last posting we have celebrated Mom's birthday, my eighth month mark and are looking forward to celebrating my baptism with family and friends. Mom got a camcorder for her birthday. This is very nice to have to capture all of the moments when I'm doing new things and big events, like baptism.

Last weekend was non stop activity. On Friday we met up with my Uncle Jason and Aunt Lauren at Old Chicago's pizza. Laurens parents were there also and were taking care of Oliver and Noah (Lauren's sister Ellen's two boys). Oliver and I had some fun getting to know each other.

On Saturday Dad took Mom to the Boulder Dinner Theatre to celebrate her birthday and I got to spend the evening with my friends Paul and Heather. We had a fun time and I hardly noticed that Mom and Dad were not around for a good 5 hours.

On Sunday after church we all headed down to the Garden and Home show with Scott and Andrea. There were so many things to see. Dad seemed a little overwhelmed with the possibilities of home improvements and landscaping ideas. We must have walked a couple of miles seeing all of the exhibits. Well, I did not walk but I strolled around and was also carried for some of the time. It was a good time.

On Sunday night Mom baked me a cake for my 8th month birthday on the 8th. Crazy that we celebrate an event like this with a cake don't you think. This was a prime time to get the new camcorder out for a little footage of me and my eight cake.

My big 8 cake!

I want a piece of that.

Let's have some cake.


I cannot wait for my Grandma and Grandpa E to get here this weekend. I am also very excited to see my Aunt Julie and Aunt Jenness as well. I am so glad that they are going to make the trip to join me for my baptism.

We also have so many other things to look forward to this month. We have a baby shower for Aunt Lauren, my friend Sam will be having his 1 year birthday party, my friends Lisa and Ryan are coming out from New York and Val and Jer out from Grand Junction for a ski trip and are planning to spend a day or so with us, and who knows what else. All I know is that I am looking forward to it all.

On Monday I visited my cardiologist Dr. Karrie. This was my monthly check up and things went pretty well. I weighed in at 15lbs 7oz and I had a 100% pulse oxygen saturation! I had an echocardiogram and they determined that the residual VSD (the hole in the lower part of my heart) that remained after surgery is starting to close up and there was a significant decrease in the leak since my last visit. Dr. Karrie said that she could hardly hear the murmur with a stethoscope due to the hole. Praise the Lord for this.

The reason I say pretty good and not great for the check up is that there is still reason for the Dr's to think that I am having a little too much pressure on my lungs (can lead to pulmonary hypetension) based on their tests. I am going to need to have an at home test done to see what my pulse oxygen saturation levels are during the night when I am sleeping. Dr. Karrie also mentioned that they may want me to stay overnight in the hospital in the near future for a more extensive sleep study. I am gald that my Dr's are weighing on the side of caution and trying not to let anything sneak by that may cause problems later down the road. Thanks for your continued prayers for healing of my heart.

That's it for now. I love you all very much!

2 comments:

tekentut said...

Happy 8 month birthday Lydia!! We had so much fun watching you with your cake...we loved how you said "happy birthday" at the end! We so wish we were able to come out this next weekend and help you celebrate, but we know there will be lots of others around to let you know how special you are to all of us! We love you so much and are so excited to see how well you are doing. Keep up the great work (you can tell that to your mom and dad too).

Lots of love, Uncle Barry, Aunt Joni, Ethan & Erin

Lyndsay said...

Thanks for the pictures Lydia. Happy 8th month birthday! Your mommy is sure getting good at making cakes. If only my kids were as lucky! I'm happy to hear the good news about your health. We'll pray that everything else gets figured out soon! I wish I was coming out to see you and go on a ski trip. Hopefully we'll meet someday! Have lots of fun!