Thursday, September 11, 2008

My first boo-boo

So last night I was getting my weekly manicure from Dad and there was an incident. Dad usually does a good job clipping my nails but this time he got a little skin with the nail on my left thumb. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and Dad felt pretty bad as you can see.

Dad and I are sad about this little situation.

The up side was that I got to get a pretty "cool" field dressing even though it did not really warrant such a bandage. The "big" bandage did make me feel a little bit better.

My super cool field dressing.

It was also nice that my buddy Boscoe was there to comfort me along with Mom and Dad.

Me and my pal Boscoe.

I guess it was good to have a little prick on my finger since I start my pre-operation stuff tomorrow at the clininc with a chest x-ray and a blood draw. I will then have the weekend to recover before I have to do another blood test and an echocardiogram on Tuesday next week. Mom, Dad and I are going to get a good deal of rest and relaxation in this weekend in preparation for next week's activities. Thanks for your continued prayers for the upcoming surgery.

6 comments:

tekentut said...

Oh Lydia...I hope your finger is doing okay. Tell your dad that almost every parent knows what it feels like to do this, and even though you might not believe it...it hurt him worse than you!! We will be praying for you today as you start your pre-op visits. Love Uncle Barry, Aunt Joni, Ethan & Erin

Jenness said...

Yep, Auntie Joni is right, every parent has done this!! And it's true, it hurts us more than you.
I hope the pre-op stuff goes well. Your mommy and daddy have been so careful, I'm sure you will be good to go! We're praying for you lots and lots.
It was nice to talk to your mommy yesterday. It made ME feel better anyway!! Your mommy is so cool. And to think that she was not into 'girlie things, and boys, and babies, and playing house' I think she's doing pretty well for herself. ;) You just keep giving her smiles and giggles every once in a while to reward her for all the hard work she does. And hey, we're not gonna leave daddy out of this....he's 'tops'!!
Love to you all,
auntie Jenness

Lydia said...

Jenness..... you're TOO FUNNY!! And the Tops as well!

Lyndsay, you can still donate money for the Buddy Walk. Just go to the Mile High Down Syndrome Society's website and look up our team, "Team Lil' Lydia" and it will give you instructions on how to donate. Email us if you have any questions/trouble. Thanks!

David and Rachael said...

It's the truth, we all have cut your little friend's fingers, Lydia! Dear oh dear, someday you and William can exchange scar stories, courtesy of your parents. Sad day and yes, I do think it hurts our feelings more than it hurts you. We just love you little ones so so much. We are praying for you sweet baby girl! Love Rachael and the boys

Lyndsay said...

uggg I remember the first time I did that to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I cried more than he did! Thinking and praying for you guys a lot over the next week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lydia
i'm Kaitlin Hoogendoorn, you don't know me, but i think your mom does, Your mom and my mom are cousins!!!!! ANYWAY, i hope your surgery went well, i know that since your a lil baby you will recover quickly! Your mom and dad will take good care of you

Hang in their Lydia!!

Kaitlin H